TCSE General Staff Applications
Welcome to The ConocoPhillps Science Experience for 2017!
The ConocoPhillips Science Experience (aka TCSE) is a STEM based program run for years 9 and 10 entering years 10 and 11, to explore science at a university level. Students will get 3 or 4 days at the University of Queensland St Lucia, Griffith University Nathan and Queensland University of Technology Gardens Point. If you would like more information on TCSE as a STUDENT, please head to http://www.scienceexperience.com.au/
As a staff member for the program, you get to mentor these students through their experience. You will have various responsibilities during the course of the program which include guiding students through the university campuses, helping students participate in interactive workshops but mostly to be their awesome staffie friend.
YSA provides a 10 day camp like experience for our staffies where we provide training before staffies attend the program with the students. YSA also provide a huge range of social activities during this 10 day experience where you will undergo an amazing race, epic scale laser tag, excursion to the new hadron collider exhibit plus our huge Supernova disco with all staffies and students.
You will meet new like minded people which will turn into great career networking friendships. TCSE is a fantastic experience and is something employers look for in career applications. You do not need to study science to participate in this experience; in fact there are no prerequisites for this experience to be a staffie. All you need is an enthusiastic attitude.
Applications are now open to be a staff member for the Brisbane TCSE program in January 2017.
Some things to note before you apply:
- Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years old. If you are in year 9 or 10 it is recommended that you participate as a student at the program before become a staffie.
- Applicants must be a maximum age of turning 26 in 2017.
- Applicants MUST be available through the period of January 12th-21st.
- As per YSA by-laws, there is to be no drugs, alcohol or smoking during this experience. This includes harassment of any form.
- There is a fee for the program. The fee for staffies to participate in this program is usually around the $180 mark. Please note the fee for the 2017 program has not been finalised currently and is subject to change. This fee covers your accommodation, food and more for the 10 day experience.
Applications close strictly on October 31st 11:59pm. Please encourage all of your friends and school/university chums to apply as will be in need of 80+ staff for the 2017 program. All details will be released in the November period after applications have closed. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or message the YSA Facebook page directly.