Thinking of becoming a YSA Melbourne member?
We’re glad that that you’ve enjoyed reading about YSA Melbourne so much, that you want to join us! And it’s a great decision; you’ll meet a fantastic bunch of people, you can apply to staff The ConocoPhillips Science Experience each year, and have regular emails with the latest in science news, YSA events and opportunities arrive straight to your inbox!
How Much Does Membership Cost?
Membership is a mere $15 a year, which goes towards organisational overheads, website costs, and subsidies so that we can provide you with the best experience possible.
How Do I Go About Joining?
- The easiest and the most preferred method is payment via Paypal. To get started, simply fill out our easy sign-up and payment form. Note: Membership purchases through PayPal carry an additional charge of $1, to cover online processing costs.
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- If you’d rather use net banking to make your membership payment, you may deposit $15 directly into the YSA Melbourne Bank account. Please Contact our Treasurer for required Banking information. You also need to send a completed YSA Melbourne Membership Form (PDF format) to our Secretary.
- Direct deposit can be done via online or in person at any commonwealth bank branch. If paying online, follow the instructions on your bank’s website.
- If paying in person, visit any commonwealth bank branch and tell them you wish to put the money into the YSA Account. Give them the above details and make sure to have your name listed in the deposit details. The payment can only be confirmed if your name is in the details.
- If you are attending a YSA event, you can hand in your completed YSA Melbourne Membership Form (PDF format) together with cash/cheque/money-order to the value of $15 to one of our committee members.
- If you prefer good ol’ snail mail you may alternatively enclose a cheque or money order to the value of $15 payable to YSA Melbourne together with a completed YSA Melbourne Membership Form (PDF format), in a stamped envelope, and post it to the following address:
- Young Scientists of Australia, Melbourne Chapter
PO Box 4456 The University of Melbourne 3052
If you have any queries about joining, don’t hesitate to contact our Secretary. We hope to see you at a YSA event soon!