YSA Melbourne does not exist in a vacuum. We are part of a community, along with schools, families, universities, workplaces, and fellow science organisations. YSA Melbourne places an emphasis in interacting and engaging with the community and helping them see that science was not just something for us to do, but instead something we all share.
We’ve enjoyed a long and successful history with partnership organisations including CSRIO, the Science Schools Foundation, the Australian & New Zealand Association of the Advancement of Science (ANZAAS), LEAP into Sciences, the Australian Science Communicators, the Victorian Life Sciences Computational Initiative, as well as an ever-growing list of universities and schools around Victoria.
Prior engagements include:
- Curriculum & class planning for Trinity Grammar Junior Science Mentor Program
- Curriculum & class planning for Lauriston Girls’ School Junior Science Mentor Program
- Developing & delivering hands-on demonstrations for the Sale Science Spectacular
- Providing support to the Science Schools Foundation, and staff for the ConocoPhillips Science Experience
- Providing support to ANZAAS and staff for the Youth ANZAAS 2014 Science Conference
- Providing experience and consultation to the LEAP Into Sciences program, as well as staff for LEAP Hub events
If you are from a primary or secondary school, university or any other group; and interested in science demonstration/hands-on activities, then we’d be very happy to discuss this with you. Just send an email to our Science Liaison Officer at: email@example.com.